The process includes unlocking the bootloader to flash a custom recovery and then to flash the SuperSU package.
Few pre-requisites Before the process :
- Backup all the data (some data might me lost) take a backup of all your data.
- Then enable the USB debugging option on your phone by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- Also make sure you have enough battery charge for the process to complete without any interruptions. Maintain about 40-50% of your battery.
- As the update process will rroot your device, you are bound to lose your warranty the rooting is unofficial. But you can always get back by flashing the stock Android Rom.
- Also make sure that your phone has to on unlocked bootloader. Also you can use the CWM or TWRP Recovery for this tutorial.
- Keep in mind that this guide is for advanced Android users for particularly Nexus devices 4,7,10 and Galaxy Nexus that are running Android 4.3
- Root at your Own risk
- First download the SuperSU 1.5 package from HERE and save it to your pc.
- Connect your device to your pc and transfer the above downloaded file to your phone’s SD card and disconnect the device from pc.
- Now reboot your device into recovery mode .
- Then from recovery mode menu, select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Once done, from the main recovery mode menu, select “install from SD card” and choose the zip from SD card. Select the file and flash it first and then flash the firmware.
- Once done, reboot your device by selecting “reboot system now”.